Thursday, October 18, 2012

Each day as a prayer, each day as an offering, and each day as a blessing...


I have just finished doing 108 times sun salutation.  It’s like as though I came back home after long, long journey…very sweaty and sticky, and whole body muscles are pulsating like fine ripples in a quite lake.  The heartbeat is surprisingly settled, the mind is lucid clear, and the emotion quietly surging upward with indescribable feelings of lightness, happiness and joy.

Then I remember our old yoga buddies in the Bukit Jalil center with whom we used to enjoy doing 108 times of sun salutation.  They were all in their 50s and 60s.  At first, they would get frightened (?) whenever I say “how many times of sun salutation should we do today?”  I would assure them that it’s okay to stop anytime whenever they need to.  Then as we go along, no one will stop but manage to finish till the end.  Then we would flat out in Savasana for 10 minutes or so, all sweaty and sticky, but, beaming with pride and healthy smile… 

That was heaven on earth.  That was one of those precious moments in life where we could be so satisfied, so content and so complete with just the way we are, just the way our life is. 

Then, life has to move on.  Nothing last forever and nothing can stay the same.  I moved to Putra Heights, and all those good and old Yoga buddies who felt so connected with each other, every time after sweating tons…I am not sure where they all have gone, while I am here, how they are over there…but I am sure they are doing fine and living each day as busy as they were before.

As for me, over the course of continuing this yogic path as a teacher at the same time as a student of Tao, I too go through fluctuation of good and bad days; good and fragile health, up and down mood of emotional swing, positive or negative spirals of inspiration.  While we are in the motion of riding those perpetual waves of changes, challenges, tasks that our life present, it’s so easy to forget the Big Picture feeling most miserable and constrained in the situations, caught up in the small minds.

But, like today, if I happen to remember after good dose of sweating and breathings, then, I realize the heaven is not far away.  It is always right at the tip of our nose, up and down…breathing in, breathing out…but we forget so often…

However as long as I am continuing the journey in this path, I have a place to come back home, the sanctuary in my heart, that I can count each day as a prayer, each day an offering, and each day as a blessing…

How about you?  Would you like to join me in the routine of 108 sun salutation?  You too will be able to find your heaven on earth…